Monday 10 November 2014

Textual analysis- Coursework

My media choice-
I've decided to produce a music video for a rock song about love. The video will be mostly happy. However, a death will occur in the video and that can make the video quite depressing for some of the viewers. I will try to make the video as creative and original as possible. Furthermore, I will also include cute and depressing parts because that's what my target audience likes. Stereotypically females love romantic, emotional and depressing at parts movies and videos and that's why I will include both cute and depressing parts in my video.

What the video will be about-
The video is about a couple who are in love. They go through a lot of fun in their life. There is a blue haired character which is meant to illustrate their love and happiness. There will also be a dancing female who will dance to illustrate happiness and sadness throughout the video. Furthermore, at some point of the video the male actress will die and with his death the blue haired actress's hair will go short and brown; that should portray to the viewer that the male character is dead and that her blue hair represented their love. The video will also portray a lot of nature shots like fields etc. At the end of the video the main character who is a female and now a grown up woman will illustrate to the viewer that she is happy with the way her life is and she still hasn't found anyone else.

My target audience and strategies how I will meet their needs- 
   My music video will be aimed at mainly girls (because most girls answered my questionnaire), aged from 14 to 17 years old, middle class, students and all religions. People who enjoy listening to good rock music, people who have enough spare time to watch a music video instead of just listening to the audio of it. It will also be aimed at people who like to watch videos with a lot of nature shots. People who find joy from other people's happiness.
   My video will include a happy, exciting, cute and creative story line which will appeal to the female target audience (especially the cute parts of it) because stereotypically girls like cute stories and objects. I will also try to include attractive looking actors/actresses to appeal to the female target audience because girls enjoy seeing and looking at attractive men. I will not only include attractive looking male/s but also attractive looking female/s. I want my target audience to be able to relate to the video and maybe even imagine themselves being in the video/being the actress.
   I will try to pick a song with a story line about love because that's what stereotypically girls really enjoy to watch (that is what my questionnaire portrays). I want them to be able to escape to their own little world by watching my music video.
   The questionnaire responses that I got illustrate that most people like creative music videos. To appeal to my target audience I will try to be as creative as possible while producing my music video.

 
 I've decided to do a creative and original Rock music video for my coursework. The music video will not be depressing, it will be happy, exciting, creative and cute because that's what some of my target audience showed to like through filling in my questionnaire. However, I will try to make it emotional at the same time (by for example including one or two sad scenes) without making it depressing and still keeping it happy because most people said that they like emotional music videos (people who answered my questionnaire).


The video will be about growing up. It will portray at least 3 stages of certain periods in life (childhood, teenage years and adulthood). I want to convince the target audience that if they believe in something (for example their dreams) they will be able to achieve it at some point of their life. The video will follow the storyline because my questionnaire illustrates that is what people that filled it in/my target audience likes. The video will be about a couple who knew each other for most of their life and they grew up with each other. The video will mostly show a lot of positive things they went through together. Around half way through the video (when the male is around 19 years old) the male will die. Later in the video the female will find happiness again through dancing (in her teenage years). When the woman grows up she will not be in a new relationship to show that she stayed really 'loyal' to her loved one. 












No comments:

Post a Comment